- I don't own the majority of the characters in this story they
belong to their respective creators!
- C&C always welcome
- Ranma's second chance
- Chapter 12
- A martial artist's duty
- Nerima, Tendo dojo just moments ago,
- Nabiki was still staring at the spot where to her, the
impossible had just happened. Kasumi's 'oh my' still echoed in
the background, having been the only sound made since the unusual
departure of Ranma and Ranko.
- Feeling a tugging on her shoulder, she turned to face the
- "Nabiki, just in case I was imagining things
see what I just saw???", Akane said in a very calm voice.
Well that saves us a couple of plane
Is that all you can say!!, that baka of a
fiancee just flew off like some sort of a bird!", Akane screamed
in frustration and confusion.
- Mister Tendo left heading upstairs, too shocked for
.Well I better go and prepare a large meal, after all
when they get back they're bound to be hungry",
- with that said the eldest Tendo daughter headed towards the
- "..Always the optimists
.", Nabiki mumbled under her
breath, as she knew from the way the pair spoke they would be
lucky to make it back.
- "Come on then Nabiki let's go pack".
what??? didn't you listen to anything Ranma
- "I'm going to help, with or without your help! So are you
coming or not!?", Akane asked anger present in her voice.
..I'm sorry Akane, it's just too
.besides what could we do against those things",
Nabiki stated in a sad tone while holding up the message.
.if only I had trained more when I was younger than
- "FINE THAN, I don't need your help
.", with that Akane
stormed up to her room.
- Nabiki watched her go, but did not make a move until she heard
the slamming of her younger sister's door.
- Reaching the phone, she dialled several numbers, half an hour
later sat down on the living room couch, a look of satisfaction
present on her face. *I'll stop you from doing anything foolish
- Nabiki had at first thought about charging off to China to
help Ranma, however as she thought about it, there was not much
she could do. Even if Akane went, Ranma could wipe the floor with
her, so if there was something there that Ranma couldn't handle,
than Akane sure as hell wouldn't be able to! She had also thought
that perhaps through some freak event, that Ranma and her could be
brought closer together
- With a heavy sigh, she returned to her room not wanting to
think any further upon the day's events.
- "BAKUSAI TENKETSU!!!!!!!!!", as the dust settled from the
blast of the breaking point, Ryouga knew that he had managed to
buy himself some breathing space.
- Before he had used the breaking point technique, to travel
from place to place as it would usually prevent him from getting
- Now he was using the technique to keep the creatures away, the
same kind of beings similar to the one he had thought to ask
- It had been just his luck that only half a day in what he
thought was the opposite direction of the creature, he found
himself surrounded while trying to start a small camp fire.
- They had attacked after a moment of watching. Ryouga had soon
discovered that although they weren't exactly fast they were damn
hard to kill.
so who's next!!!!!!", Ryouga growled from
the centre of a small crater, shattered bones surrounding
- The creatures made no reply, or any indication that they had
even heard him, not even noticing that the fanged boy had already
single handily taken out over thirty of their number.
- *I can't keep this up, they just keep coming unless
- He thought desperately as he parried a creatures' sword
- Dropping his pack, Ryouga leapt into the air and came landing
on one of the larger creatures shoulders. Barely avoiding a
spiked knuckle, he leapt from creature to creature barely avoiding
an array of weapons until he managed to reach the forest, where he
leapt up a tree.
- Much to his surprise the creatures below him kept on marching,
not even bothering to look for him.
- Amazon village of Joketsuzoku.
- They had had merely a few hours of rest before the attacks
began again. As After-shave had predicted, this did seem like
their final battle. The inner most wall had been overwhelmed and
breached finally collapsing under the stress.
- Around her houses were burning, lighting up the eternally dark
sky. So far the remaining amazon forces were holding their
ground, even though they were no longer protected by the village
walls, the creatures seemed to find difficulty in fighting in such
- *Can it really be true, over three thousand years of Amazon
tradition lost in mere day*
- It was not that Cologne feared dying, after all she had lived
a mostly wonderful three hundred year life. It was the death of
all she had known that disheartened her. Also there was no glory
in defeating creatures which did no understand the meaning of
- Looking back towards the battle, Cologne could see proud
Amazon warriors continuing to fight even though some were badly
injured and bleeding from several places.
- The line was collapsing, as more of the un-dead seemed to
appear from nowhere and began to overwhelm the warriors. Cologne
rushed forward, attacking with a sword she had found, by
channelling her ki into the weapon it was now covered in dark blue
- "If today is the day that the Amazons fall, then we shall not
- Cologne cried as she practically leapt into the charging
- Somewhere over China
.it looks like some earthquake happened here!",
- Ranma commented as he surveyed the surrounding, craters were
littered everywhere, once giant trees lay flattened for miles
- "Is something the matter Ranko??".
- After a moment, she looked at him.
- "Don't you feel it
.dark magic at work
I've had this tingling feeling at the back of my head
I guess I'm not used to all this magic stuff yet".
- Ranma said after a moment of concentration.
.but if you could feel it
- She began to shiver.
- Ranma carefully reached out grasping her hand to reassure
- "Hey don't worry about it, I'm sure we can handle
- Ranko looked at Ranma's face and was reassured by the ever
present over confident smile.
.I sure we will
.". She said after a while
and began to also smile.
- Taro hovered just above the ground behind some forest, even
though he was exhausted he had managed to keep up with his
- *Curse them, where do they get their strength from!*.
- He too noticed the destruction of the surrounding area, but he
paid it no heed, after all the war between others mattered little
to him. Somehow he knew though, that the pair would lead him to
Happosai, besides Happosai always seemed to be at the centre of
- As the pigtailed pair had managed to fly for several hours
barely stopping at all.
- He noted that the pair had taken off again,
- *I will have my revenge old man!!!*.
- With that thought he took off again, flying far and low behind
to just barely see them.
- Amazon village of Joketsuzoku.
- They were surrounded, no more ground could they give even if
this wanted to. The remaining Amazons formed a circle protecting
- Cologne turned to After-shave and Soap, all three elders
showed signs of exhaustion, their clothing was stained with blood,
not only from themselves but from healing the wounded.
- "What shall we do now?", for once in centuries Cologne and the
remaining elders were lost.
- Cologne's earlier attempt to push back the waves of un-dead,
had succeeded for a moment before they began to overwhelm them
again, forcing her and others to retreat.
.I doubt there is much we can do", Soap
said in a tired tone, like most of the other warriors she had
sustained severe injuries, but remained strong. After all morale
was already low enough that the death of the tribe leader would do
..perhaps surrender??", After-shave began to say but
was cut short by a glare from Cologne.
.Has the fighting made you mad???
thousand years the Amazon's have always fought to the last!".
- "And this may well be that last battle!
- The three ancient people turned to the familiar voice.
- Cologne was the first to speak,
- The ancient master of anything goes staggered slowly towards
the group, there was a small trail of blood would be seen where he
- "I see your still alive Happosai
shave commented in a neutral tone.
- "..And it's just lovely to see you too!". The ancient pervert
replied in a none concerned tone.
.". After-shave grunted than left to see if she
could help any more of the injured warriors.
- "So what's the plan ladies???".
- "We wait". Soap said simply.
- Soap continued before Happosai could comment further.
- "We have reached a point where we can do no more".
- Cologne nodded gravely.
- "I suspect our attacker is preparing to reveal
that is why they have not attacked yet, those would
not be a problem for such creatures". Soap said
- indicating to the hastily erected barricades surrounding their
- "Until then, all we can do is prepar
- Cologne's sentence was cut short as s loud explosion was heard
- Turning towards the noise, they saw a figure tall a slender
stepping past the ashes that were once the barricades. The
legions of un-dead parted before her.
- "STOP!!!!!!", Soap shouted before any of the remaining amazons
could leap to attack.
- "Very wise crone
". The voice was like silk, yet to most
of the experienced people listening there was no mistaking the
dark power behind the voice.
- "I am Soap, current head of the council of the Amazons of
Joketsuzoku". Her voice held no emotion.
- The woman wore the same robe as described by Comb during the
first encounter, although now the hood was lowered revealing her
- Her face was beautiful and of western origin, deep purple eyes
seemed to stare into the very soul of all those present, long
white hair flowed behind her.
- "Who are you and where did you come from???". Cologne asked
taking a defensive position behind Soap.
- "I used to go by the name of Sarah, but that was a few
centuries ago when my life had a purpose as to where I'm
.a city to the west of this land, it's name having
been lost to time".
- "Than what is it you want this day?", After Shave questioned
- "Although I have no purpose yet, I still need to regain my
- Many present raised an eyebrow curious and frighten at what
the woman had just said.
- "However in order to do so, I must destroy the three seals on
my true power". She continued in a calm yet deadly tone.
- "All three elder's eyes' widened at this, the ancient texts
had referred to such seals abeit rather briefly".
- "So if you'll just hand over the seals now and I might just
let some of you live or else
- An evil smile appeared on her face as she spoke, indicating to
the hoards of un-dead waiting obediently behind her.
- "I don't know what you're talking about". After-shave
- The woman's face filled with rage, her eyes immediately
becoming a darker purple as a huge aura exploded around her.
- "DO NOT LIE TO ME WOMAN, I CAN SENSE YOUR VERY
- Taking a moment to calm, the woman once again looked back at
the Amazons, turning around once as if looking for something in
- "Perhaps this will change your mind".
- The elders eyes narrowed preparing for an attack, other
Amazons also prepared.
- Cologne prepared to strike first, she noticed Happosai pull
out an unlit bomb from somewhere.
- As she turned away from the Amazons towards a mountain an evil
grin appeared on her face.
- Raising both arms, she chanted a few words
- Before any of the Amazons could react, a huge blast of yellow
white energy erupted from her palms rocketing towards the
.how did she know!*, Cologne thought in
shock, the mountain targeted was where the villages' children and
mothers and taken refuge, there was nothing she could do to
prevent it's destruction. In mere moments all that was left of
the Joketsuzoku tribe would be gone.
- Time seem to slow down as everyone watched the sphere of
bright yellow energy sail towards the mountain refuge. Just
before the impact, a sphere of blue energy seemed to appear out of
nowhere and collided with the yellow sphere, a brief war was
fought as the two distinct energies battled for dominance, until
at last the yellow was dissipated.
- *What was that?*, practically all present thought. As the
bright blue sphere of energy fell towards the ground.
- Ranma plummeted 200 feet towards the ground, too stunned from
absorbing the yellow-red sphere of destructive energy.
that really hurt*.
- Moments before he and Ranko were flying up to the battle scene
and what remained of the Amazon village,
- he had sensed the ki of those within the mountain and acted on
instinct when a sphere of destructive energy flew towards the
- Ranma had greatly underestimated the strength of the attack,
he felt himself being burned from the inside out as the dark
energy surrounded his aura seeking a way to penetrate it. After
what seemed like an eternity the attack stopped, however Ranma
found that he had greatly over-exerted himself so was no longer
able to maintain flight.
- The ancient raised an eyebrow at the turn of events, shrugging
her shoulders she took off into the air towards the mountain.
- Cologne could not help but breathe a sigh of relief at the
- Looking around she noted that although they were still
surrounded by the un-dead, they made no move to attack.
- "About time they got here!".
- Happosai commented finally allowing his exhaustion to be seen
as he slumped down next to Cologne.
- "A very timely intervention indeed".
- Cologne remarked as the legions of un-dead stood
- "Do you think they can actually win??".
- Happosai breathed in deeply contemplating the question as he
surveyed the surroundings.
- "We can only hope
- Ranko flew as fast as she could, wanting to reach Ranma before
he impacted on the ground.
- One minute he was right next to her the next he was taking the
brunt of some magical attack.
- By the time Ranko reached Ranma he was already falling near
terminal velocity, grabbing on to him she attempted to fly away,
however the red head was only able to slow their descent as she
too was pulled down.
- Ranko sat up shaking her head to clear the dizziness from the
impact, looking around she noted that she was in the centre of a
- The red head almost had a panic attack until she heard a
Ranko you gotta go on a diet
- Following the voice, Ranko looked down and discovered what was
so soft that she was sitting up on.
- "BAKA this is no time for jokes".
- She emphasised the point with a light punch to his stomach
while getting up.
.I was only joking
- Ranma slowly said still recovering.
- Getting up Ranko carefully helped Ranma to his feet.
- "Man what wa
- "Hm.. Well it was definitely some destruction spell
Ranko replied thinking for a moment.
- "Well Well what have we here???".
- Both looked towards the source of the voice.
- Sarah gave a smirk as she noted the look of surprise on the
pair, gauging their strengths she noted that the redheaded girl
was the stronger of the two in terms of magical abilities. The
young man however
- "You survive my hellfire attack, with all your limbs intact I
- "Who are you???". Ranko asked curiously, after all like
herself this was another mage.
- "As I was saying to those decrepit old woman, my name was
- "Why are you doing this?". The redhead asked indicating to
the destruction in all around them.
- "Well why not!".
- Ranma by now had returned to Ranko's side, still attempting to
shrug of the effects of that last attack.
- "Very impressive, your still standing!!".
- Sarah said looking at Ranma.
.that didn't even itch!". Ranma lied as he attempted
his usual tactic which of angering his opponent.
- The sorceress merely blinked,
..than how about THIS!".
- Her eyes flared bright green for a moment, before she hovered
off the ground.
- Ranma suddenly felt himself lifted into the air, before he
could react the pigtailed martial artists was thrown into
- "TIAMANT LIGHTNING".
- Ranko cried releasing several bolts of blue energy towards
- *I should have reacted sooner
- Although Sarah had expected some sort of attack, her eyes
widened in recognition of the spell.
- The bolts flared briefly as they impacted against an
invisible shield just before hitting the her.
- "Your spell
where did you learn it?".
- She demanded in a serious and cold tone.
- "It doesn't matter as long as I can destroy you
- The last part of the cry was all but a whisper.
- Ranko literally flew towards her opponent while turning
herself into a flaming bullet.
- Ranma slowly got up, the rubble shifting around him.
..and my big mouth", he muttered wiping blood from
his mouth, he could feel a few cracked ribs.
- Looking around Ranma noted that the legions of un-dead had not
moved to attack him even though they had had ample time to do
- After a quick check to see that nothing was broken, Ranma
focussed in on the battle that was waging nearby between Ranko and
- With out a second thought, the pigtailed martial artist made
his way towards the battle.
- Ranko shuddered under the shock from another lightning blast,
even though her shield spell protected her from serious harm it
was taking a pounding.
- So far the battle had taken place on the ground as neither
mage had wanted to waste energy in flight spells
- Ranko barely dodged a fireball already in the process of
- "TITAN ROCK!!",
- Sarah leapt back just as she felt the build-up of magical
energy beneath her.
- *This mortal is more trouble than I thought*.
- Sarah cut her thoughts short, turning around she found a
large sphere of bright yellow energy already upon her, she could
not hope to avoid it.
- *Damn where did that com fr
- The blast impacted with the witch throwing her into a nearby
cliff, which promptly gave way collapsing over her.
- "You took your time!".
- Ranko said turning to Ranma who was slowly lowering his arms
having releasing the ki blast.
- "nice to know you care!".
- "Well I knew you would be fine with your thick skull!".
- Ranko retorted.
- "That actually hurt you know".
- Both Ranma and Ranko turned to the witch who was casually
brushing of rubble from her clothes.
- "Same strategy as usual?", Ranma asked turning slightly
towards the red head.
- "Yep but try to keep your distance, the fireworks are out of
the bag this time!".
- "Hey don't you me
". Ranma's retort was but off as Ranko
already began the assault.
come back for more have you?".
- Sarah asked with a smirk, bring her hands together pointed
towards the ground she began to chant.
- As Ranko flew towards her opponent, intent on drawing her
attention while Ranma would attack from the opposite side.
- Ranko was able to raise a shield in time as a sphere of
crackling black energy expanded outwards from the white haired
sorceress destroying everything it c touched.
- Ranma likewise had seen the attack coming, quickly improvising
he fired a blast of ki into the sphere and followed it in
effectively creating a shield for himself.
- Looking around Sarah noted that both of her attackers were
singed but nothing more.
- *Curse them, if only those wretched seals weren't in
- Ranma quickly closed the distance, in his experience magical
users were not adept at hand to hand combat.
- His opening attack was a swift kick followed by a combination
of strikes varying from high to low.
- Ranko slowly began charging up for a more powerful spell,
while Ranma was battling the witch. What surprised her was that
the witch was actually holding her own against Ranma.
- *Damn it she's pretty good
but something's not
right about this*.
- So far the sorceress had managed to dodged and block the
majority of his attacks and those that did penetrate her defence
didn't seem to have any effect.
- *This mortal fights
.but where have I seen him
- Sarah thought curiously as she studied her opponent all the
while being kept on the defensive, not even noticing the strikes
- Ranma kept up his relentless assault, having already increased
the intensity. Looking towards the redhead he noted by her
posture that she was preparing for another of those mass
- *Probably got a few more seconds to go*.
- Ranko's eyes suddenly shot open, now glowing a bright
- "NOVA BLAST!!!!!!!!!!".
- A beam of pure red energy flew towards the sorceress, flames
dancing of the beam melted craters in the ground.
- Sarah turned towards the blast now that her opponent had
suddenly retreated, her eyes widened as she attempted to retreat
while gathering as much energy as possible for a protection
- Ranma had taken to the sky, even there above the battle area
he could feel the heat of Ranko's continued fiery blast.
- The beam engulfed the sorceress and continued forward carrying
her into what was left of the surrounding forest, incinerating all
that was in it's path.
- Finally impacting on the side of a mountain, burning half way
through before it stop.
- Ranko took a deep breath, she sat down on the floor exhausted
from expending such amounts of energy.
- "Ranko are you okay?".
- Ranma asked landing beside her, tiredness too was etched in
- Ranko looked up and noted that Ranma looked probably how she
felt, practically all of his clothing was torn in on place or
another, he had several small wounds all over his body but all
this did not seem to bother him.
I'm fine, just not used to fighting battles with
- Ranma finally surveyed the surrounding, giving of a whistle as
he noted the destruction.
- "Well I have to say, you sure did a number".
- "Hey I got the job done!". She replied with a small smile
indicating to the armies of un-dead that were now crumpling to the
- "Take it easy, I meant it in the good way".
- "Yeah yeah what ever".
- "You think we should go and see what happened to
- Ranma asked his face becoming serious.
- "We'd better get going than". Ranko replied in an equally
- "Yeah just not too quickly
- Ranma grimaced, *damn those ribs must be broken*.
- "Here let me help you".
- "It's okay I ca
- She grabbed his arm firmly and wrapped it around her shoulder
to support him.
- "This is no time to be macho or whatever
- His retort died in his mouth when the redhead gave him a look
which said 'your not going to win this argument'.
". Ranma resigned.
- "Glad you see sense finally".
- "After all if you died on me than we would never finish our
- Ranma's eyes widened like saucers as he big sweated.
- *Oh man what does she have planned now*.
- As he was helped off, Ranma could not help but worry as he
replayed the fight scene over and over in his head, only to come
to the same conclusion.
- *that witch, she was using anything goes martial arts, but how
is that possible!!*.
- The pair headed off towards the Amazon village on foot,
leaving behind the devastated area.
- A moment after the pair had left, the rubble from the recently
made cave shifted and tumbled outwards.
- The white haired sorceress slowly climbed out of the hole, her
clothes were torn and burnt.
- *those two are going to be trouble but that young man where
have I seen him before*.
- After a moment she cast a flying spell but nothing
- *Damn I need to regenerate
- She turned suddenly to her right, but saw nothing there.
- *Funny could have sworn saw some kinda giant bat-bull thing
- Dismissing the thought as due to the exhaustion the witch
disappeared into the forest, cursing her luck under her
- (to be continued
- end of chapter 12
- authors notes:
- Sorry to all you people out there who e-mailed me, I know that
I promised this out a while ago but things just kept happening.
From now on I'll try to give realistic update times
- (ps. I'm always looking for Ranma crossover fics or any Ranma
fic that's good!! Please e-mail them to me if you can!)